Cathedral Quarter Trust (CQT) is excited to be developing key activity beyond the annual Culture Night Belfast project. To support the running of increased CQT activity, we are seeking to expand our register of freelance event managers who are interested in taking on casual work throughout ongoing projects.
CQT projects have included Culture Night Belfast, BelFeast and the recent Restore Revitalise Belfast project in partnership with Belfast City Council. CQT will endeavour to create new events opportunities that will require an increased roster of professional Area Managers to co-ordinate activity and act as representatives for CQT.
CQT Area Managers will have direct contact with artists/performers and the general public as well as being responsible for on-site volunteer management. Excellent communication and customer service skills will be essential as Area Managers will be required act as key ambassadors for CQT. Previous events industry experience is essential for this role. A knowledge of event infrastructure is also desirable as certain projects will require of degree of site build.
Responsibilities will vary depending on project. They may include but are not limited to:
- Open and close site(s) / key holding
- Complete Health and Safety checks and monitor site
- Accident and Incident reporting
- Liaise with contractors/suppliers to ensure smooth site build
- Liaise with security/medical staff to ensure public safety
- Minor elements of site-build i.e. moving barriers, picnic tables etc.
- Manage artists/performers to ensure events run on time
- Volunteer briefing and allocation of duties
- Act as CQT primary liaison in an area/venue
- Site cleanliness i.e. bins maintenance, litter picking
- Regular communication with core CQT team
- Attend CQT project briefings as required
- Submit CQT event evaluations as required
Hours will vary depending on project but will typically be 4+ hours for events during weekdays, evenings and weekends. Culture Night Belfast is the exception; an Area Manager may be required for 10+ hours due to the unique requirements of this flagship event.
- Previous events industry experience
- Experience in a customer facing environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to liaise with general public, volunteers, contractors, artists/performers and core CQT team
- Experience and knowledge of event production and infrastructure
- Punctuality and timekeeping
- Calm, decisive and controlled in times of pressure
- Passion for Arts, culture and an interest in the Cathedral Quarter area
To be considered:
Please apply by email to: email@example.com with the information below.
If successful, you will be contacted via email no later than 2 weeks after application.
- CV outlining relevant experience (please include 2 references)
Deadline: Applications must be received by 4pm Friday 21st June
PLEASE NOTE: Inclusion on the CQT register is not a guarantee of work. Successful candidates will be required to sign a contract for services for casual work. As a freelance service provider you are responsible for paying your own taxes. With your permission, CQT will hold your application on file for 3 years (subject to an annual review of availability). Your details will be stored securely on an internal data system and will not be shared outside of the organisation. At your request, CQT can remove you from this register at any time.